More D&T projects and resources CLICK HERE
- 20 downloadable fun and engaging starter activities
- Designed for both Resistant Materials and Product Design pupils at KS3 and KS4.
- These versatile 3 - 5 minute printable lesson starters are reusable and ready-to-teach. No planning required!
- Click image for a preview
Why use lesson starters?
The starter activity is arguably the most important part of the lesson and replaces traditional lesson starts that can be tedious to the pupil. Given the hectic timetable that the modern day teacher is responsible for delivering with very limited planning time it can be easy to neglect the importance of the starter activity...
Saving you time
This D&T Lesson Starter Teacher Pack is ready to print, ready to teach and is designed to be reusable so you will always have a fun and exciting starter activity to hand...
How they work
1. Print your starter activity
3. In teams pupils write their answers on the laminate with a dry wipe marker
4. After the activity wipe clean
5. Reuse with your next class
As these activities are reusable you can run them time and time again with all your different groups!
All starters are designed to be carried out in teams of 3 - 4 pupils to encourage team learning. You will only need one laminated copy of the activity and one dry wipe marker per workbench/team (full printing instructions are supplied with your download)
Starter Topics - Each is a 3 - 5 minute starter activity
All are suitable for both KS3 & KS4 pupils unless noted otherwise:
- Health & Safety in the workshop
- Groups of Metals
- How to braze metals
- Professional Logo Design
- Mood boards
- Design movements
- Mystery Designer
- Product Analysis
- Scale of Production
- Sketching Techniques
- Sustainable Design
- Metal working Tools
- Wood working tools
- Tools for working with plastics
- Tools for working with paper & board
- Wood Joints
- Behaviour – Youth Unemployment (KS4 only)
- Examination Technique (KS4 only)
- Exam Revision - Yorkie Challenge (KS4 only)
- All are supplied with a printable 'Teacher Answers' document for your reference during the lesson
- Some topics, where necessary, have an accompanying PowerPoint document to help you to easily explain the activity.
- Reuse the activities time and time again with all your different classes.
- Full printing instructions and additional teacher guidance is also supplied in your download...
Fast & Secure Download
Check out securely using Paypal, get instant access to your download